MithyxSounds

339 Audio Reviews

193 w/ Responses

as lit as the original. probs your best remix of anything ever good job

thanks bro :)

just slightly on the repetitive side, but still a fantastic song. 5/5 as usual

This is better than most of your songs. Still not that good. Your tracks should take well over 25 minutes. Mine usually take at least 4-5 hours. A skilled musician might be able to make a nice loop in 25 minutes, but not a full track.
As far as the actual track goes, you chose some very strange instruments for the melodies. I am pretty sure that the main instruments aren't sidechained either. If you don't know what a sidechain is, it's basically when you link your instruments to your drums and the instruments dip in volume when a drum hits. This is very important to make room for your drums, especially in EDM. The leads aren't very pleasant to listen to. This track needs a good sub bass. I also think the main lead needs a nice bass under it to beef it up at the drop. Speaking of the drop, what the heck happened at the drop! A few key things missing here: a bass, a sub bass, whitenoise, supersaws, etc etc. In general, this song is missing a lot.

Overall, this isn't a good song. 2.5 stars is pretty gracious. I think you have tremendous unmet potential. If you put a bit more effort into your tracks, I could see some feature-worthy stuff here! But really, this song is empty, and 25 minutes isn't long enough to be working on a track. I'm really sorry if I came across as harsh.

-Mithyx

FelixZophar responds:

I use a horrible DAW with only thirty synths!

I do like bit trip! Anyway, this is a nice remix! A few things:
-I think you did a good job of integrating FL Basic drums into the mix, something many producers would find challenging. Nice job with that.
-On that same token, I wish you modified them a little bit to make them sound different from how they normally do. Nevertheless, they do fit in nicely.
-Last thing about the drums, promise. I like how you changed the drums throughout the song to keep it interesting.
-This song has a nice flow. It seamlessly transitions between different sections without transitions that feel particularly unnatural.
-The song is interesting and varied. You kept me interested for all 10 minutes of this, which is quite a feat.

Overall, nice track. No huge criticisms. 4.5/5 ;)

ganon95 responds:

thanks, i kept the drums as is cuz none of the other drums i used seemed to fit.

glad you liked the transitions as its one of the harder parts of making the bit.trip remixes

liked it so much that i stole your idea lel

nice remix tho

i feel like this is inspired by one of the fl demos... i wonder which one

anyway yeah nice track. the vocals are a bit loud. the transitions could be a little better.

gg m8 i like it

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

Fl demos?? i don't even use FL i use logic but yeah thanks bro xD

agree with 5tanley

Great song, it's dragged out a bit longer than necessary, but other than that, this is awesome!

those arps give me chills

Nice track, not a lot to say about it.

thanks :)

Awesome, I love liquid DnB! This song has a lot of sick stuff in it!

I think the quiet snare/percussion hits layered on the main drums are good, but you should try something less snare-y. Also, the filtered intro is kind of odd. I think you should try using the chord progression on a really mellow instrument like a rhodes piano (fl keys has a nice one) for the intro, then have a short buildup into a drop with a less mellow instrument. (like the piano you used)

Those pads are awesome though. The arp really helps with the texture of the song too. GMS doesn't have a lot of great stuff, but the ambient presets it has are really nice. Just grab a pad preset and eq out the high end for a really ambient type of sound. Also that drum beat is awesome

Nice track! 4/5

Lubloom responds:

Thanks! I've been taking inspiration from a lot of different artists like Rawtekk and Netsky recently.

I agree. I think I could have used a nicer percussion hit over a snare sound for that. I've never really considered using a different piano preset but I could try it in the next thing I do.

That pad was made in harmless ages ago and is the only thing I have ever used the synth for but it's one of my favourite sounds. Drum beat was inspired by Rawtekk's song "Snowflakes".

Thanks for the helpful review!

no longer active on ng, check out my other sites :)

Male